Experience a top skiing holiday in Austria!
Obertauern is located in idyllic mountains with the highest pass in the state of Salzburg, only an hour's drive from the city of the same name. Ever since the Beatles shot part of their 1965 film 'Help' here and made the region famous throughout the world, Obertauern has been a very popular destination with fans of skiing and other winter sports.
At an elevation of between 1,740 and 2,526 metres above sea level, you'll find the thickest snow cover in Austria, with 100 km of pistes for both beginners and advanced skiers. On the Tauernrunde, the most spectacular ski circuit in the Alps, you can switch from one slope to another and return to the centre of the ski arena at any time to enjoy its great après-ski entertainment.
The skiing season is from November until May, and the area has something on offer for everyone. While your children have a great time in the kindergarten or in the Bibo Bär Family Ski Park, you can try new disciplines such as snowkiting and snowbiking. You'll also find a dozen ski schools for beginners, a snow park for freestylers and snowboarders, and marked hiking trails here.
All the services and facilities, ranging from the modern ski lifts to après ski locations and night clubs, are accessible on foot, which makes Obertauern the ideal destination for a great holiday in the mountains.
THE BEST REASONS TO VISIT OBERTAUERN:
- Snow guaranteed from November until May
- Scenic nature and magnificent mountain panoramas
- 100 km of ski slopes of various difficulty levels
- Tauernrunde – the most attractive alpine ski circuit
- Top services and facilities for families, couples, beginners and advanced winter sport fans
- Great après ski offer
- Night life and first-class events
- All facilities within walking distance – a car-free holiday