Experience Makarska - a place where a magnificent mountain meets the sea!
The small Mediterranean town of Makarska is located in Central Dalmatia, in the heart of the sunny Makarska Riviera, known for having the most beautiful pebbly beaches in Croatia. The town, whose first inhabitants arrived here some 8,000 years ago, emerged from a natural harbour protected by the Sveti Petar and Osejava peninsulas at the foot of majestic Mount Biokovo, whose highest peak is Sveti Jure (1,762 m).
THE BEST REASONS TO VISIT MAKARSKA
- the most beautiful pebbly beaches in Croatia, which are 2 km long
- crystal clear sea and well-preserved nature
- attractive Mount Biokovo with its nature park
- the starting point for the most attractive excursions in Dalmatia
- a bustling nightlife and great entertainment
- a wide choice of outdoor sports
- cultural and historical sights
- the Museum of Malacology with the finest seashell collection in Croatia
- a wide-ranging culinary offer